Maggie’s Menu: 5 Minute Pesto
Message from Maggie:
Mr. Magpie’s garden is exploding with basil right now. Skip the store brand pesto, this can be whipped up in 5 minute and is so versatile. Try on pasta, sandwiches, meat, veggies and more.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Yields 1 cup
- This recipe is gluten free.
- This recipe is vegetarian.