Maggie’s Menu: Baked Curried Chicken
Message from Maggie:
03.20.17: Our close friends Pat and Caitlin just had a baby. We signed up to bring them dinner through the website takethemameal.com. Have you seen this? You can register to bring friends dinner who may be recovering from a surgery, a child birth, or just a general tough time. Pretty cool stuff. This recipe, from my mother in laws files, is an easy make ahead meal that can easily be reheated and requires little prep from the new parents. I attached cooking instructions as well as brown rice and salad for sides. Because Pat was such a fan of my Pop Tarts the other weekend I am also including a blueberry version and some vanilla bean ice cream.
05.31.16: My dear friends John and Marjorie just had a baby. Because she’s recovering from a c-section and has a 3 year old, I wanted to bring her and her husband a homemade dinner they could heat up and enjoy. Before delivering, I like to attach cooking instructions and bring along rice and salad as sides.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. curry
- 1/2 cup honey
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- 2-3 peppers, chopped
- Optional: Brown rice + a mixed green salad
- Spray bottom of 11×13 glass pan with olive oil.
- Mix together olive oil, mustard, salt, curry, and honey.
- Place chicken in glass pan and pour curry mixture over it.
- Cover with peppers aligning them in a deliberate manner.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees until cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds on top before serving.
- Serve with brown rice and a large green salad.
Yields 6 servings
- This recipe is dairy free.
- This recipe is gluten free.
- This recipe can be made nut free by omitting almonds.
- This recipe is soy free.