Maggie’s Menu: Lo Mein
Message from Maggie:
Try this easy, better for you lo mein recipe! Perfect use for all those great spring veggies.
- 8 ounces gluten free spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings
- This recipe is dairy free.
- This recipe is gluten free.
- This recipe is soy free.
- This recipe is vegan.
- This recipe is vegetarian.
Made gluten free and adapted from a recipe at Damn Delicious.