Maggie’s Menu: Strawberry Bread
Message from Maggie: Strawberry Bread
My mom made this strawberry bread for Lindsey and Adam’s engagement brunch last month. With the abundance of strawberries at Eastern Market I recreated the recipe before the summer season is over.
- 3 c. Fresh strawberries, sliced (about 2 pints)
- 1 1/2 c. Granulated sugar, divided
- 3 c. Flour (Note: I used gluten free flour)
- 2 t. Baking powder
- 1 t. Baking soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 2 t. Cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 c. melted butter (2 sticks), cooled to lukewarm
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 2 9×5 pans.
- Rinse, core and slice berries, sprinkle with 1/2 c. sugar.
- Blend sugar, flour, b.p., b.s., salt, cinnamon.
- Beat eggs til foamy, add vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir in berries.
- Combine two mixtures til dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide batter between two pans and bake til pick comes out clean about 50-60 minutes.
- Cool 20 min before removing from pans
- This recipe is gluten free if you use gluten free flower.
- This recipe is nut free.
- This recipe is soy free.