Make: Freezing Pesto
Message from Maggie:
With the abundance of basil in Mr. Magpie’s garden his year, I am freezing a big batch of pesto so we can enjoy all fall + winter long. Here is an easy how to.
- Follow your favorite pesto recipe or try this one.
- Pour pesto into ice cube trays, cover top with cellophane wrap, and place in freezer.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove frozen pesto cubes and place in plastic freezer bags in freezer for up to 6 months.
- Pesto may also be frozen in small jars or plastic containers for up to 9 to 12 months.
- When you want to use the pesto, remove a few cubes from the freezer and defrost on a low heat over the stove top.